This privacy statement governs the manner in which Vintage Tech Info (“VTI”) collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (“Users”) of the www.vintagetechinfo.com website (“Site”). This privacy statement applies to our website and all products and services offered by VTI.
Glossary of terms
Personal data relates to any information about a natural person that makes you identifiable which may include (but is not limited to) names and contact information ie emails and telephone numbers.
Sensitive personal data
Sensitive personal data refers to the above but includes genetic data and biometric data. For example: medical conditions or biometric data (eg photo in an electronic passport).
For general data protection regulation purposes, the “data controller” means the person or organisation who decides the purposes for which and the way in which any personal data is processed.
Internet log information
Information automatically collected by website servers such as IP address, referring website, pages your device visited and the time that your device visited the website
Cookies are text files put on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is then used to track visitor use of the website and to create statistical reports on website activity. For more information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Internet Based Advertising
Advertisements from third parties shown on the website. Which specific ads are shown may depend on either the content of the web page, or cookies which are set by those third parties. Examples of third parties are Google (Adwords) or eBay. Usually tracking software is installed on the website to be able to see ad statistics.
What information do we collect about you and how?
VTI, as a data controller, does not process sensitive personal data about you, nor does it collect financial data such as credit card data.
VTI processes your personal data when you
- request information about our services
- subscribe to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- make an enquiry through our different enquiry forms and helplines
- or carry out a transaction or place an order through our website
This may include:
- identification and contact data such as name, surname, phone number, email, address and country
- any information that you voluntarily share with us such as feedback, opinions or information provided via any of our helplines
VTI also collects personal data (that doesn’t identify you specifically) automatically when you visit our website.
This may include:
- standard internet log information
- website visitor behaviour
Lawful basis for processing your data
VTI has a lawful basis for each of our processing activities (unless an exemption applies) as outlined below:
- Performance of a contract with you. We will process your personal data if it is necessary in order to enter into or perform a contract with you. For example, to contact you if you need support when you’ve ordered one of our products
- Legitimate Interest. We will process your personal data if it is necessary for the purposes of VTI’s legitimate interests, except where VTI’s interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of your personal data.
VTI’s legitimate interests in processing your personal data include:
- VTI’s prevention of fraud or misuse of services, IT and network security to keep our website safe and secure and comply with our legal requirements and obligations
- marketing and advertising of products sold by VTI
- perform or finalising any transaction or order which you have placed the VTI website
- setting up and managing your user account
- Providing you with product updates and upgrades, special offers, pricing information, newsletters, and other information, either on our own behalf or in some cases on behalf of a partner or client acting as their agent, where you have consented to receive it
- enforcement of legal claims including debt collection via out-of-court procedures
- processing for marketing research purposes; analysing your use of our website for trend monitoring and promotional purposes
- Improving our website with the objective of ensuring that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- to respond to enquiries and comments and provide you with support via communication channels, such as our help desk
- for any other new purpose for which we notify you before collecting any personal data
- Consent. By using our website or otherwise submitting your personal data to us, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of your information as described in this privacy statement. If you do not consent to this privacy statement, please do not use this website or submit your information through this website.
How we share personal data
VTI shares and transfers your personal data as described here and only in accordance with all privacy practices and local privacy requirements.
Your personal data may be shared occasionally to third party contractors and providers which perform certain functions on behalf of VTI, such as picking up and delivering samples, fulfilling orders, sending email, removing repetitive information from client lists, analysing data, processing credit card payments, direct marketing services, and hosting services. These parties only have access to such information as necessary to perform their functions and may not use it for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you give to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). For example, some of our third-party providers may be located outside of the EU. Where this is the case we will take steps to make sure the right security measures are taken so that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. Where our third-party supplies are in the US we have ensured that their services fall under the “Privacy Shield” whereby participating companies are deemed to have adequate protection and therefore facilitate the transfer of information from the EU to the US. If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU to give you those services.
Your personal data may also be shared, at VTI’s sole discretion, to satisfy any laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information.
Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to websites of third parties that may be visited via links via our website. VTI makes no representations about third-party web sites. When you access a non-VTI web site, you do so at your own risk. VTI is not responsible for the reliability of any data, opinions, advice, or statements made on third-party sites. VTI provides these links merely as a convenience. The inclusion of such links does not imply that VTI endorses, recommends, or accepts any responsibility for the content of such sites. When you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
How long we keep personal data
VTI will retain your personal data for the period of time that is necessary to fulfil the original purposes for which it has been collected. Please keep in mind that in certain cases a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law or to allow VTI to pursue its business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, enforce our agreements or resolve any dispute.
- Marketing: we will hold your data for a period of maximally 2 years. You will have the opportunity to opt out or update or delete data at any point should you need to do so and details are set out in this Privacy Statement as to how to do that.
- Contracts with you: we will hold your data for 7 years in line with our regulatory requirements.
How personal data is protected
VTI follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us in order to prevent unauthorised access, loss or destruction of your personal data. When you give us personal information, we take steps to make sure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information is encrypted and protected using SSL technlogy. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on web browsers. Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are sent normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
VTI does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years. However, we can not check if a visitor is younger than 16.
How you can access and control your personal data
- Cookies. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. Please note in a few cases some of our website features may not function because of this
- You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data, and you have the right to be forgotten. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by VTI and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal information we have in your computer file to you or another organisation mentioned by you. To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizen service number black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We respond as quickly as possible, but within four weeks, to your request. If we are asked to delete your data, we may keep some minimal information about you to be able to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our obligations.
- Complaints. If you feel that your personal data has been processed in a way that does not meet the GDPR, you have a specific right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory authority will then tell you of the progress and outcome of your complaint. The supervisory authority in the Netherlands is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegeven (Dutch Data Protection Authority, DDPA). To file a complaint to the DDPA use the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
- Consent. By using this website and/or by ticking the specific consent box, you have consented to the processing of your personal data by VTI in line with this Privacy Statement. You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future but you will then not be able to use our services and in particular order products on our website. For further information if you wish to withdraw your consent contact VTI through their contact details.
Changes to this privacy statement
VTI reserves the right to make changes to this privacy statement. It is advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly so that you can take note of these changes.
Your acceptance of this privacy statement
By using our website, you signify your acceptance of this privacy statement. If you do not agree to this privacy statement, please do not use our website. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes to this privacy statement will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
How to contact us
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Use the contact tab on our website
This document was last updated on March 25, 2021